Online terrarium workshops for your team... a great chance to improve staff moral and keep your team connected and motivated.
With more people working from home than ever before, we have started offering our workshops via DIY terrarium kits with video instruction. This acts as the perfect activity to break up the monotony of working from home and being stuck indoors. The process of creating something planty has been proven to really help to reduce stress, re-connect with nature and act as a type of meditation. Doing this as a group through our live Zoom webinars is a great way for you team to re-connect in a casual way while focusing on making their terrarium.
· Workshop structure - The live workshop lasts 1 hour (we can tailor to shorter or longer time slots on request). It will include a brief history of terrariums and some of the notable events following their invention, plus the science behind terrariums. A demonstration split in to two parts and then a care talk at the end. We will be able to take questions throughout the workshop.
· Terrarium - we will be using our large 'Corked Jar' vessels, as in the below picture. These gorgeous hand-blown jars are made from recycled glass, with dimensions of 27cm x 17cm.
· Kit - The kit includes everything you need to create your own self-watering garden in a glass jar at home. Including an easy to follow step-by-step guide with pictures and a link to a 10 minute instructional video in case a guest can't make the live webinar slot.
· Delivery - Once an order is made, we require a lead-time of 7-10 days. We deliver via UPS next-day courier. We will make sure that all guests receive their kits by the day before the live webinar on a date of your choice. The below price includes delivery. · Price - £60pp (plus VAT). Discounts 30 - 50 guests = 10%, 50 - 100 guests = 15%, 100+ guests = 20%
A little bit of history…
People have been keeping plants under glass jars since as early as 500 BC for exhibit. However the Terrarium in its 'modern' form was invented completely by accident in 1827 by a London based Doctor, Nathaniel Ward.
What actually happens
Terrarium workshop itinerary and equipment
• The workshops last 1-2 hours (we can tailor to shorter or longer time slots on request)
• Workshops include an online session with the delegates to provide a brief history of terrariums and some of the notable events following their invention, plus the science behind terrariums.
A COMPLETE KIT DELIVERD TO EACH DELEGATE...
• A sealable glass vessel
• Pebbles, soil, moss, carbon and a selection of unusual plants
• Hands on instruction to make your own terrarium A care guide for your new terrarium
We will show you how to create a unique, beautiful self-watering garden-in-a-jar to bring a touch of nature inside of your home or office. Everyone will leave with their own terrarium as well as all the information they need to make lots more for their friends and family. A great opportunity for a fun social event that doesn't have to include alcohol. These can be just for fun but we can also can add a 'bake-off' style group competition element to encourage team building - however you prefer!
‘Thanks again so much for your help today. Everyone LOVED it.’ – Laura
‘The event was great and we have had wonderful feedback from it. Thank you again for all your help (and my beautiful little terrarium!).’
‘Just a short email from our team to say a big THANK YOU for last week. Everyone got really excited with the Terrariums – they all looked GREAT! Thank you for being so flexible/available despite our “last minute” changes. I hope we get to work together again on future events.'
'The venue was great and the workshop was a 5/5. You guys were attentive, passionate, and well prepared to provide us with everything we needed for a great experience'
Copyright 2020 Orange Tree Events